Direct: (07) 4727 0114
Mobile: 0407 725 303
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Lawyer, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Lawyer, High Court of Australia
During his time at Emanate Legal Anthony has: Represented clients in a wide range of commercial transactions and activities including:
- commercial and retail shop leases;
- agreements for sale and purchase of various businesses including post office, service stations, hotels and motels;
- agreements for sale and purchase of various plant and equipment;
- rural property transactions including cattle and sugar properties;
- finance and security documentation;
- share sale and buy-back agreements;
- corporate and Trust establishment and restructuring;
- negotiations with Government entities in relation to land valuations and water supply agreements;
- partnership establishment and dissolution.
Negotiated and drafted all documents relating to property transactions including:
- lease arrangements;
- preparing leasehold and freehold transfers;
- land development relating to Local and Stage Government requirements;
- security transfers and preparation of security documentation;
- transfer of vehicles; and
- licensing arrangements with Liquor Licensing.
Developed a standard form for Loan Agreement and Mortgage documentation for security interests in accordance with the Consumer Credit Code. Represented and advised a number of significant corporate groups and entities in matters relating to:
- corporate incorporation and restructuring;
- liability of corporate officers;
- shareholder agreements;
- establishment of Body Corporate meetings of minutes;
- preparation Body Corporate Roll;
- general advice for Body Corporate.
Provided advice, negotiated and drafted:
- employment contracts;
- consultancy agreements;
- confidentiality agreements;
- software licence agreements;
- option to purchase agreements;
- franchise agreements; and
- management agreements.
Represented client's in litigation matters (which were settled on a commercial basis rather than expensive trials) involving the following areas:
- industrial relations;
- Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cwlth) and Fair Trading Act 1989 (Qld);
- contractual disputes;
- lease and property disputes;
- Retail Shop Leases Act 1994; and
- partnership dissolutions.
Represented a number of clients regarding Body Corporate Relates Matters. Represented and advised client's in relation to:
- liquor licence applications; and
- gaming machine licence applications;
Conducted negotiations and dealings with parties involved in the sugar, beef and mining industry.